m/v Yeoman Bontrup being loaded in Glensanda.
(published on YouTube on Jan 7, 2016)
A super quarry on the banks of Loch Linnhe on the West Coast of Scotland, Glensanda produces high quality crushed granite to markets all across Northern Europe, from washed sand through to off-shore armour material. All products conform to EN standards and where performance critical applications are required, our granite has become widely known as the product of choice.
Glensanda stocks over £3million of equipment and has three active workshops to ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the quarry. We maintain stockpile reserves of raw and processed products in a range of sizes for a host of applications.
All supported by numerous local ports and built-in reprocessing plants for tailoring product to customer requirements.
A coastal super quarry like no other
A truly beautiful yet geographically remote location, sited a mile inland and cut down into the mountain 600m above sea level.
- Purpose-built aggregate sea carriers
- Europe’s largest state-of-the-art rock crusher
- 1.8km tunnel conveyor with built in washing and screening
- Mountain to Foreshore and ship loading facility
- Gloryhole concept with 1.8km tunnel leading to:
– 500,000 tonne+ surge pile, secondary crushing and screening conveyor
– Secondary plant and wash plant for fines and single sizes