In-service training course:
Powder Flow, Handling and Storage
April 6-8 , 2016
at Courtyard Marriott- Berlin City Center
in the Heart of Berlin, Germany
Through presentations, exercises and plenum discussions participants will acquire solid knowledge of powder flow, powder handling and powder storage and be able to address practical problems in these areas.
Main subjects taught in the course
(see also detailed program)
• Particle technology & Engineering basics relevant for powder flow
• Powder flow and properties, design principles
• Powder feeding
• Powder storage
• Particle enlargement, dry/wet granulation
• Particle size reduction, milling and micronisation
• Powder blending and segregation issues
• Pneumatic conveying – dilute/dense phase transport
• Case stories from different industries
The course addresses technicians as well as product and process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech and/or food industry with manufacture or development of powder products.
The course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises and plenum discussions. The course is held in English.
On the evening of the first day the participants are invited to dinner in a nearby restaurant in the heart of Berlin.
• President and Consultant with Solids Han-
• Powder testing and handling systems
• Lectures at University of Wisconsin
Peter Dybdahl Hede, M.Sc. (Chem. Eng.), Ph.D.
• Science Manager in industrial particle
• Teaching experience from The Danish
Society of Engineers, Technical Univer-
sity of Denmark and numerous courses
in particle technology
Co-founder of PowderInfoNews.com
Tim Freeman, Managing Director
Being among the best hotels in Berlin to explore Germany’s capital, the Courtyard Berlin City Center is ideally located in the heart of
downtown between Alexanderplatz and Pots damer Platz and a few minutes from Checkpoint Charlie, and the former Berlin Wall.
The course fee is payable in advance and includes course materials, an HP calculator, coffee & refreshments, lunch all three days as well as dinner on the first evening.
Per delegate EUR 1845, plus VAT. VAT is reclaimable.
Overnight stay at the delegates own expense can be arranged at the
course venue or elsewhere nearby. Please contact Courtyard Berlin City Center at +49 (30) 800 928 2200 or at www.mariott.com
Kindly note that central Berlin is very popular in spring time and that
Berlin hotels may be fully booked well in advance.
Binding registration at www.powderinfonews.com
under “Courses” no later than 28th of January 2016.
In case of any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone +45 29 49 30 40