Los Alamitos (CA), United States – The EchoPro® Pulse Radar Solids Level Sensors from Flowline offer reliable and cost-effective non-contact level measurement for difficult applications. These 26 GHz pulse radar sensors work with powders, grains, pellets and aggregates in dusty environments with limited space and varying angles of material repose.
EchoPro is offered in three intrinsically safe models for silo, bin, stockpile or transfer station applications, with mounting bracket or gimbal-flange installation and push button display or software configuration with HART® communication.
The sensor emits a microwave pulse from its antenna, which travels at the speed of light to the surface of the medium below. A portion of that energy reflects off the medium and returns to the antenna. The time gap between energy emission and receipt is called the “time of flight”, and is proportional to the distance between the medium surface and the sensors measurement location, as at the bottom of the antenna. The sensor measures the time of flight and translates this value into a continuous 4-20 mA signal output that’s proportionate to level within a defined measurement span.
- Easy configuration with LCD push button display module
- Adjustable loop fail-safe, no change, 20.5 mA, 22 mA
- Small 12” (30.48 cm) dead band enables full tank measurement
- Recognition, storage and deletion of false echo signal returns
- Unaffected by physical process and environmental conditions
- Ideal for applications with higher temp, pressure, foam, vapor and vacuum
- Strong signal penetrability with minimal attenuation over distance